Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Walking to Heal



Isabella ….Alessandro….. Brothers…Brothers….Thinking of you….. Thinking of you….. Brothers please get well. Get well….get well….Isabella….Alessandro Brothers …..Brothers…. Brothers….Thinking of you…thinking of you….Get well soon. COVID be damned. Please get well…..
            I march along, the ‘song’ in my head with each step. Sending my healing thoughts while walking this morning. The rhythm of the walk creates a background for my thoughts. And, I think, yes, this will help. If I walk for Alessandro’s brothers, both in the hospital with COVID, they will feel me. They will get better….or at least, it can’t hurt, right?
            Isabella had asked everyone to ‘have a quiet time’ between 9:00-9:30 this morning, that if all of her friends on this email chain did this together, there would be power to heal and support. And, I thought, yes, I can do that. I will go on a purposeful quiet walk and think of these two men, brothers who are sick with COVID 19. One in Mexico City. One here in Richmond. I don’t know them. I only know of them. But I know Isabella and Alessandro. And I do believe that the collective thoughts of healing can bring solace at the very least, and maybe wellness at the very most.

            I used to not believe in such a power. I was a skeptic about this sort of unseen, unknown collective. But I took a “Dream Class” at Woo Woo U and had a classmate’s thoughts transmitted to me during the night. She had been shown ‘images’ during class and then she was to ‘transmit’ these to all of us while we were sleeping.  It was so strange. My dreams are always so narrative, with a beginning, middle, and ending and lots of action between these points. But that night, from the dream classmate, I ‘received’ these visions. They were unlike any dreams I’d ever had. There were no 'stories' , no narrative like usual. Just pictures. The images were of flowers blooming in a vast meadow, a red barn in the background. A green wall with a desk and a man in a black bowler hat sitting at it. These images just flashed to me. And when I reported back to the class and it was revealed to me the ‘real’ images that my classmate had sent to me, the resemblance was uncanny.  I really had received these images.

            And, so today, as I walk and send my thoughts to this family and these brothers, I believe in this power. I note the beauty of my neighborhood. How the fruit trees are all busting out with lemons and peaches and apricots. How the summer flowers are blooming, the Agapanthus’ purple and white blooms bursting onto the sidewalk. How the large noisy crows are scavenging in the gutter, then swooping up and onto the roof of a tidy blue stucco house.

            It’s all so alive.
            And this is what I wish for these brothers. That they get well. That they live to take a walk, to sing, to dance.
            Isabella….Alessandro ……brothers….brothers…..get well…get well… please get well….

2 comments:

  1. A Wonderful post. Your manner of writing is otherworldly and full of empathy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, RJJ. I sent this to my friend and she was so appreciative --said she had tears in her eyes. I just hope her brothers heal...so scary!

    ReplyDelete

A Christian in the 21st Century

  The Creation of Adam , Michelangelo, (1475-1564 CEI) “I had me a good sermon this last Sunday down at St. Luke’s…” Dave has spied me walki...